OWA (Oxbridge Welfare Association) is a non-government development organization working on issues affecting the urban and rural poor, with a special focus on education. It is because education is the back-bone of a developing nation like India, that the organization exists and works towards making that possible.
For the past 15 years Oxbridge Communication Center, an educational organization, has been working in the rural, urban and semi-urban areas of Bihar, Jharkhand and Orissa, imparting English education to students to prepare them to match with the requirements of the emerging developed India.
From the humble beginning in 1993, the organization has served more than 30,000 students but it was realized that there are other areas where an extra attention is required and for the same OWA (Oxbridge Welfare Association) is established.
OWA (Oxbridge Welfare Association) is established under Societies Registration Act 21, 1860 for the following aims and objectives:
- Development Of Education
- Institutional Care
- Vocational Training
- Games & Sports
- To open, found, establish, promote, set-up, run, maintain, assist, finance, support and/or help schools, colleges, and other establishments or institutions of advancement of education and of knowledge in arts, science, literature and all other useful subjects in all their manifestations.
- To promote, advance and encourage and/or aid in primary, secondary and higher education including technical, medical education also.
- To meet travelling, boarding and lodging expenses for students going abroad for higher commercial and technical education.
- To foster and encourage education and training in handicrafts, fine arts etc. among women in general and establish and found institutions imparting such education.
- To grant scholarship, stipends, prizes, rewards, allowance and other financial assistance or help in cash or kind to students of schools, colleges and other technical or non-technical institutions for their training, research or other educational works in India or abroad. To publish books, pamphlets, periodicals, and news paper in India or outside for the spread and advancement of education and culture.
- To establish, maintain and support Dharmshalas, Schools, Widow-Houses, Lunatic Asylums or other establishments for relief and/or help to the poor, old, infirm people, destitutes etc.
- To open, found, establish, promote, set up, run, maintain, assist, finance and/or help in the setting up and/or maintaining and/or running institutions, centres, auditoriums and the like for the running of welfare and other services to the public and to provide meeting room for socially useful activities and functions.
- To open, found, establish, promote, set up, run, maintain, assist, finance and/or help in the setting up and/or maintaining and/or running dharamshalas, wells, deep tube wells, tanks, roads etc.
- To promote, organize, administer, establish, support, maintain and/or grant aid to any person, institution or society or organization whatsoever having for its objects or charitable purposes and to incur expenditure in connection there wise.
- To open, found, establish, promote, set up, run, maintain, assist, finance, support and/or aid or help in the setting up and/or maintaining and/or running hospitals, boarding houses, libraries, reading-rooms, gymnasium and other training and vocational institutes.
- To open, found, establish, promote, set up, run, maintain, assist, finance, support and/or help in the setting or maintaining or running hospitals, charitable dispensaries, maternity homes, child welfare centers, sanatoriums, hostels and other similar institutions for rendering and providing medical relief to the suffering humanities or for research centers and institutions for promotion of research and education for medical science including surgery.
- To give, provide and/or render food, medicine and other help and/or assistance in any shape or form to the poor, deserving and needy persons
- To work for removal of social evils like drug, abuse aids, atrocities on women and also work for consumer protection, communal harmony and national integration etc.
- To promote environment and social forestry development programme, control of pollution, education and training for creating of environmental awareness.
- To institute Award/Puruskar to encourage contribution by individuals and organizations towards environmental protection/pollution.
- To help in the preservation of cattle and useful animals
- To open, found, establish, promote, set up, run, maintain, assist, finance, support, stadiums, play-grounds and other parks for public use, sports and games and other social welfare works and/or activities.
- To acquire, establish, maintain religious places for the benefit of all religions and castes.
- To carry out public charity work for the benefit of the public in general without any distinction of caste, color, creed, sect, sex, age, and/or other natural or man-made differences.
- To give, provide and/or render help and assistance in cash or the kind to the poor, destitute, widows etc.
- To implement any scheme for the livelihood and upliftment of the poor.
- To give, provide and/or render monetary and/or other help and assistance for the relief to the persons and animals effected by natural and other calamities such as flood, fire, famine, cyclone, earth-quake, storm, accident, pestilence, drought, epidemic, unbearable cost of living and the like, to give donation, subscriptions of contributions to institutions, establishments, centers or persons doing relief work on such occasions.
- To start, maintain and assist any relief measures in those parts which have become subject to natural calamities such as flood, fire, drought, famine, cyclone, earth-quake, epidemic, storm, accident, pestilence etc.
- To give, provide, distribute dhoties, blankets, rugs, woolen clothing, quilts or other similar articles to the poor and needy.
- To promote, assist and/or maintain all activities by whosoever carried on or wherever carried on in Indian conformity with the objects of the Trust and as are conductive to the well being and general welfare of the nation or are conductive for advancement of any object of general public utility not involving/carrying on any activity for profit.